So it has been a long time since I have blogged! I just haven't felt like it. So....... here comes a recap of our whole summer. When school got out we headed home to St. George. Spence had some job things to take care of while we were there. We headed up to Salt Lake for one of those and were able to hang out with the Young Family! We were so excited to see them. We had missed them tons!


We came back to Louisville on June 24th....Laynees 10th birthday. She didn't have the best birthday ever, but a week later she got to have a few friends go with her to see the Hannah Montana movie, have some pizza, and ice cream cake. I not being the best mom in the world forgot to take a picture of her party. But it did happen and she had lots of fun. Laynee is growing up sooooo quickly. She talks like a teenager, acts like a teenager, and quite frankly, Im not ready for her to be a teenager! She has started doing a little babysitting of her brothers now, so me and spence can grab a quick bite to eat every once in a while. That part of her growing up is the good part. For the most part, Laynee is a very sweet, smart, good girl, and Im glad she is ours.

We also went to Lake Mead for the weekend and got to have lots of fun swimming, tube riding, and of course EATING. While at the lake we had the awesome experience of running out of gas out in the middle of the lake. James was at the helm with a rope swimming, several others were swimming off the back, others were rowing, and the kids were waving and shouting for help. The rangers finally rescued us. It was fun, but hope it doesn't happen again!

My Seth is gonna be one awesome wakeboarder!!!

Spence headed back to Louisville after the lake, and the rest of us stayed and enjoyed a lil more time visiting with our cousins and grandmas. We went to Pine Valley and hiked up to the glorious water (Laynee named it) with Huggy Ama and Jordan, Kyler, and Bailey. We had a good time swimming out at Mason's pool with all the Wells cousins, and of course its not a party if B Ama's trampoline isn't involved.
We came back to Louisville on June 24th....Laynees 10th birthday. She didn't have the best birthday ever, but a week later she got to have a few friends go with her to see the Hannah Montana movie, have some pizza, and ice cream cake. I not being the best mom in the world forgot to take a picture of her party. But it did happen and she had lots of fun. Laynee is growing up sooooo quickly. She talks like a teenager, acts like a teenager, and quite frankly, Im not ready for her to be a teenager! She has started doing a little babysitting of her brothers now, so me and spence can grab a quick bite to eat every once in a while. That part of her growing up is the good part. For the most part, Laynee is a very sweet, smart, good girl, and Im glad she is ours.
Since we have been home, we have done alot of nothing. I LOVE nothing!!!! It has been a great summer because of nothing. Its nice not having plans, and only doing something if we want to. We taught all the little neighborhood kids how to play kick the can and come to court. They love those fun night games, and it has kept them busy during these summer days.
Jack is also potty trained! Yipee. I didn't think it was ever going to happen. One morning Jack and Seth came into my room to get me up to I could get them breakfast. I said to them, "OK, but I got to go pee pee in the potty first." Seth followed by saying, "Me too!" Jack then said, "Me too! I need to go pee pee in the potty too!" And he did. That was how he finally decided to do it. We strapped on his undies from then on. Wish I would have known that sooner! My baby is growing up. :(
And that brings us to today. Laynee and Jordan came running through the front door yelling "Drew found a turtle, can we keep it?" I thought they were joking, but then in came Drew holding a turtle. I wasn't sure what to say at this point. So for now, we are the proud new owners of a pet turtle named Speedo. Secretly Im hoping that someone is missing this poor little guy and will be hanging up missing turtle posters soon! Never thought we would have a turtle!







Thanks for the up-date. I'm missing you all so very much. The pictures are so cute and I'm remembering the time we found a turtle on the way to Pine Valley...we named him George but we could have gotten into big trouble keeping him because of the "Desert Tortoise" hoopla so we let him go a few days later at the same place we found him.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to finally read a new blog. I love the pictures and the news and just to see everybody so happy and healthy. I miss all of you and can hardly wait to come out in Sept. I'm so grateful that Seth is being baptized on the 12th.. Great for me and so sorry for the class reunion. Much love, huggy ama
ReplyDelete