Saturday, November 19, 2011

Observation Point...check.

Laynee and Drew agreed to accompany me to the top of Observation Point, and I couldn't be more proud. It was 4 miles up and an elevation gain of over 2100 ft, and we made it up in 90 minutes. After a quick lunch at the top where it was cold and we had to fight off swarms of pushy chipmunks who wanted a cheeto, dorito, or whatever would fall to the ground, we started back down which took all of an hour...maybe an hour and 10 minutes. I am amazed at the beauty that I grew up so close to and never fully appreciated. It was a nice cool day, thankfully, because this little hike would've been tough in the summer sun. When we got to the bottom, we went ahead and knocked out Weeping Rock...because it was right there at the same trailhead. Great times.

No comments:

Post a Comment