Laynee took off to Cali with her XC team to the Footlocker meet. Every so often she goes to school too.
Laynee and her friend Kassidy on the Santa Monica pier...it all started off so fun, but the plot thickens on the ride home. To be continued...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The snow started to fall on Wednesday - that wasn't bad. It wasn't a lot of snow, but unlike typical St. George snow storms, it wasn't gone by noon. The temperatures had dropped to ridiculously low, and it set us up for an epic snow storm on Saturday.
The main snow storm started in on Saturday. We already had some snow on the ground. The temperatures weren't climbing above freezing. It snowed, and snowed, and snowed - I'm saying 8 inches. When I got home from whatever I was doing on Saturday, Jack was proud of this little 1.5 foot snow man - Olaf.
It just so happens - the snow was perfect for making a snow man - and when I discovered this, Jack and I put together this 7 footer you see below. I thought I was going to put my back out. We even recruited Shana to help hoist the body up on the base.
After the snow man, we threw together a fort out back. I had a great time with Jack that afternoon and evening in the snow.
The Homefront
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to the story - Laynee did awesome. She came in 10th place among Frosh/Soph girls from the western United States. Yes, 10th! And overall, among all racers, Freshman through Seniors, she came in 42nd out of approximately 500 racers. Oh, and first on her team. The real story begins on the trip home. They made it to Mesquite, but the snow storm that we were experiencing was worrisome and was hitting the gorge. Because of a couple semi-truck accidents, it took the charter bus they were riding (and about 300 other vehicles) 13 hours to travel the few final miles before they made it home. They were tired and thirsty but safe and thank goodness for being able to text-message Laynee even while in the gorge. The story even made national news.





Thanks for the update. I'm sorry I missed the snow storm (I think). I was in SLC where it's just expected. Always exciting to get "weather" in St. George. Congrats to Laynee. She has found her niche (sp?) me thinks.
ReplyDelete