Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kudos to my honey...

I told Spence that I wouldn't blog about this...but I changed my mind. Women are allowed to do that right!!! Spencer is a pretty private, non-seeker of attention kind of guy. If I don't tell ya...you will never know. So here goes. (Sorry babe-but you deserve it)

Every year the residents have to take boards. They don't count, well not really...although the incentive is if they can reach a certain score, then the program pays for their real board test. The past couple of years that he has taken them, he has improved steadily. The first year was like a 19, the next was around a 22 and last year he got a 27, which for his year was really good. To pass the boards you have to get a 32. Each year he learns more and gains more experience...thus the bettering of his scores. So that brings us to the current year. He took boards in March. When he got home from the test, I asked him how it went...he said it was HARD! He was hoping he had raised his scores enough to be able to pass. With his reaction I was hoping he just hadn't gotten worse than last year! He had been anxiously awaiting for his results and yesterday on his day off they were delivered to the school. He took off and I waited. Finally I called him after he had been gone for about 45 minutes knowing that was long enough and figured he hadn't called me with good news, therefore, he must have dug a hole and threw himself in it. His response was..."I got a ridiculously high score!" I asked him if he was joking and he said nope, I have looked at it over and over looking for a typo but it says my name with a score of 38. I was extremely happy for him! He works really hard to keep school, studying, and family life all in balance. Way to go babe. I love you. He will be an anesthesia resident hero for the next couple of years! Now I just hope he doesn't divorce me for sharing this.

7 comments:

  1. Toast...I'm not raising one, I'm saying you are one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a bragger. j/k. that is awesome! amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome.....mothers love hearing news like this. So, Spencer....when were you going to tell me? I'm just glad Shana did. Amazing....Thanks for sharing, Shana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three cheers for Spencer....

    Hip hip hooray
    Hip hip hooray
    Hip hip hooray!!!

    Those cheers are as much for you Shana, as they are for Spence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAY TO GO DADDY!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

    LAYNEE P.S. WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome Spence. All of you boys are amazing. You can knock me out (with a needle) anytime!

    ReplyDelete