Saturday, September 26, 2009

Seth & Soccer


So Seth started soccer for the first time this Fall, at the tender age of 4. His first game went pretty well. Today was his second game, and he apparently felt pretty good about his soccer skills. Please note that this story would be much better had you been there, nevertheless you can imagine as most of you know how Seth IS! He is playing and next thing you know he has the ball and is kicking it down the field yelling. So we listen closer...what is he saying??? Oh my, the kid is TRASH TALKING! Seriously. These were the phrases being uttered. "I'm the best." "Ya, you can't catch me dummies!" "You can't stop me." We were laughing our guts out. It was hilarious. However, it got embarassing as he wouldn't shut up! When the quarter was over, we had a kind talk about NOT saying anything on the field unless it was for your teammate to pass the ball. He did awesome even tho most of the kids are bigger and more experienced. He has had a good teacher from playing with Drew. I think that might be were he learned how to trash talk as well. Boys are such fun!

5 comments:

  1. Seth, I wish I could be there for all your games. You are such a running, kicking, goal making guy. That trash talk isn't a good thing to do, but hey, when you are unstopable, you have to others know. Love Huggy Ama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he might of learned how to trash talk from his Mom! so fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious....love that boy. Can't wait to be the soccer mom for a day. You might find me doin' a little trash talkin' myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just waiting for Ben to start trash talking. He is all Beckstrand and you know how it runs in there blood. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete