Sunday, October 4, 2009

Drew's new pet

Speedo, the turtle, pretty much only lasted a week before I decided he wasn't the right pet for us. He wouldn't eat and I don't think he liked us. Therefore, we let him go.

Drew came home from school the other day with a new idea for a pet. They had been studying crayfish in science and were done with the topic. The kids were able to take them home as pets if their parents would allow it. Well, when Laynee studied crayfish, her lil' guys were just that. Little. So I told Drew it was fine and sent him to school with a small tupperware to bring it home in. When we picked him up from school, this is what we got. The thing is GI-NORMOUS! He barely fit in the tupperware! I told Spence, he could have a feast if he wanted to cook him up......the kids said I was mean! So this is "Red". The newet addition to the Wells Family. He lives in a bigger tupperware than before. He eats hot dogs and cat food, and as of now, he is still alive. I've got to say.....as far as pets go.....he ain't so bad!

3 comments:

  1. red is a good pet!!!!! lets hope mom doesnt make us put it in the creek!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope B-amma doesn't make you put him in the creek!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Spencer - lets eat him. I speak the tail. yum yum

    ReplyDelete