We will miss the Mitchell family and wish them the best of luck in their new adventure in California. Laynee and Brynlee became good friends through Laynee's babysitting. Bryn reminds me so much of when Laynee was younger.
And then there's the boys.
The weekend was somewhat hectic, but it came together nicely. Shana and Drew were up north at the La Roca soccer tourney (strong showing - 3rd place), so Laynee had to tend the Young Guns all day Thursday while I worked, and then I picked them up after work and we went straight to Pine Valley so they could hang out with Grandma and Grandpa Burgess till I finished up work on Friday. I even sat on the porch and watched a rain storm roll through - heaven.
Funny how Laynee's always been so interested in bugs.
As we were driving home in the early morning, I spotted this tarantula on the road. I've seen them on the Pine Valley road more than once, but thought I'd better show the kids - so I turned around and we all took a closer look. This is as close as we were getting to this one. The kids loved seeing it though.
The envy of the valley.
A common gathering place in the evening and a scene of which I'll never tire.
Down from Pine Valley on Saturday morning to help the Davis family unload. The Troy drove for way too long on way too little sleep and has a story to tell because of it...but I'll leave it at that.
We didn't set any unloading records, but did polish it off in about 45 min.
Welcome Home Davis'!
----------------------------------------------
The other day, Laynee asked me if I like talking about my Dad, or if it made me sad. I love to talk about my Dad to anyone who will listen. 11 years ago today, he passed away. He is a good man who set a great example for me.
This picture has been in my wallet since he died. It actually looks better when it's in the wallet because half the color is stuck to the little plastic photo display in which it sits - completing the picture. This is Laynee listening to a story on his lap. I'm Grateful for such a good father.

I forget sometimes that there are some of the next generation that had some time here on earth with him. I love it when I get a chance to share memories of Dad. Life seems to be great for you guys there in ol' St. George, glad to hear it.
ReplyDeleteI remember a similar drive home from pinevalley when dad pulled over to let us all see the tarantula (sp?). Except I don't know who's idea it was but we caught it and brought it home. I brought it to show and tell, and then passed it off to mason to bring to his class. It died there. Don't tell your kids those details though, they might actually beg to take it home. Gross!
ReplyDelete