Sunday, August 5, 2012

Another week in 2005

 I had a hard time convincing Jack that the doctor uses a saw to cut his cast off.  He'd just look at me and smile and say, "No they don't.  You're just kidding me."  After about 2 or 3 minutes of this repetitive conversation, I think he finally realized I wasn't "kidding him."
 And these were the treasures we found underneath the 3 week cast.  I'm glad it didn't need to be on any longer - that thing was ming'n!
 Oh yeah, he's back.
 That time of year once again when I reminisce about the hardest summer job I've ever had.  I helped dig trench for the electric out at Tuacahn after I graduated high school.  Because of the heat, our work day started at 4 am, and I was up at 3 am just to get there on time.  Because of the Desert Tortoise, we had to ride from the main road up to campus on a horse-drawn trailer.  Working there convinced me that I wanted to go to school for a long time.
 I do love that place.  It's inevitably warm, but I'd always rather be warm than cold.
Finally, Seth and Big Mac playing Monopoly.  I know the school haircuts are just around the corner and I'm gonna miss Seth's "summer hair," but we're starting to get excited for school around here.

2 comments:

  1. I wanna know if mason's job that he had at tuachan was the hardest he ever had. Doubt it. Also its good to see grandma out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw....Tuacahn. What a great place...so glad you got mom out to a play. Good to get caught up on the kids. I knew Seth would like Monopoly...it's fun to watch him and his money grow...and always good to the the casts come off. Way to go Jack. Thanks for blogging. Miss y'all....see you soon.

    ReplyDelete