Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Things We Enjoy

 On Tuesday nights when Shana and Laynee are at young womens, the boys and I like to go visit Grandma Sullivan.  Seth's new-found hobby there is making a neighborhood out of her old wooden blocks.
 As alluded to in earlier posts - it's hiking season.  I love Zion in the off-season.  You can drive all the way into the park, the crowds are minimal, and hiking in a cool breeze much more enjoyable than the oppressive heat of summer.
 We came dressed for a crisp and chilly hike but hadn't walked 10 minutes before we were peeling off the layers, but once we made it to the top and stopped hiking for a minute we realized how cold it was and started throwing those layers back on.
Usually Laynee is with us, but as her ankle is still a little sensitive from her fracture back in August, we thought it best to have her sit this one out.  She'll get back into it soon enough.  Laynee was kind enough to watch the young-guns for us while we were off playing.  We came home to a clean house and happy kids - Laynee let them do "job-jar!"

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you out enjoying nature's beauty....and hooray for "job jar".....I couldn't get going on Saturday and thought about doing one for myself. See y'all real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a Laynee. Could I borrow her for a week or two this summer. That would really rock.

    ReplyDelete