Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Dog-Days of Winter

It may be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping the worst of our southern Utah winter is coming to a close.  I have learned that I don't do well in winter, but the kids on the other hand seem to enjoy it.
 Either these are some really good kids or it has been too cold for too long in St. George.
We spent a good portion of the weekend watching Fire FC down in the Vegas Cup.  Drew and his buddies did well, but were pitted against some teams that seem to dedicate their entire lives to soccer...good luck with that.  The girls are just trying to stay warm around the fire while waiting for the game to start - Vegas shouldn't get this cold.
 This is the team huddled around the propane fire after their 7-0 loss to Manchester, a soccer academy out of So Cal.  They are letting you know that out of 4 teams in their bracket, they came in fourth.

 Milestones.   He's working on it.

On a side-note, last week was Seth's "Great to be eight" program as he is preparing for baptism in about a month, and this evening Drew provided the accompaniment for his "Priesthood Preview" program.  It's going to be a big year for this Wells family.

1 comment:

  1. I'll just say they are walking on water...sounds good to me. Those losses are just character building experiences....lots of character built this past week-end. They are good kids and it's been good to hang out with them a bit.

    ReplyDelete