Sunday, January 13, 2013

You Say It's Your Birthday? Well, It's My Birthday Too!

 The evolution of the birthday "cake" has seen many variations throughout the years, from Garfield and Baseball shaped cakes to cheesecakes and chocolate sheet cakes, but now we are entering a new era.  The award-winning, world-renowned, best of the best, Grandma Sullivan's Lemon Meringue Pie.  Occasionally she'll make one of these bad-boys for us to share on a Sunday night (if you meet certain criteria...you can't just show up and expect a piece of pie...ask The Troy), but when it's your birthday, sharing is OPTIONAL!!! 
 Even though is was not very warm this weekend it was still sunny, so we went on a little adventure to try and find the Gila Petroglyphs.
 And find we did.   We were a little short on time, and had to turn back early, but it was a good scout for a future hike when the weather warms up a bit and more family can join us.
As we were hiking out, we crossed a large section of lava-flow and I thought I would drop a little knowledge on Jack.  So I told him that the black rock was lava rock and it came from a volcano a long time ago.  He replied with a subtle tone of disgust, "I know, Dad.  It's called Igneous Rock."
(I just got "owned" by my 5 year old)

1 comment:

  1. Yum, another awesome pie...you lucky boy and looks like a good hike. Hope I'm there to join in. Way to go Jack....

    ReplyDelete