While you're browsing these cute pictures of the kids playing at Snow Canyon sand dunes during our "stay close to home" spring break, let me tell you a tale...
As alluded to in the previous post, a certain stomach bug had its way with our family last week - every 12 hours manifesting itself in the next victim but sparing me...so I thought. I was able to take care of the kids and Shana over the weekend and was just grateful that we hadn't gone ahead with any plans to leave town for spring break. We had a quiet Sunday and if all was to go as scheduled, I would get sick on Sunday night, have a couple days to recover and make it back to work on Wednesday.
You see, I took Monday and Tuesday of Spring Break off so I could hang with the family, so it was all gonna work out perfectly...but Monday and Tuesday came and no illness came - so we just had a good time as planned...until 10pm Tuesday night.
I will spare you the gory details, but after a night of 'you know what' coming out both ends, I had to completely cancel my full day of work on Wednesday. Not only did I physically feel bad, but I was so sorry that I had to cancel on my patients...but they were all very understanding and concerned.
So I was back to work on Thursday - weak, but back to work and gained strength throughout the day, and then felt good by Friday. So grateful and thankful for my family's overall health and well-being.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
This brings us to Saturday. Laynee and I signed up for the Spectrum 10k last year, but when Laynee's knees weren't cooperating, she had to pull out. So when the race came around this year, she was ready. I wasn't planning on pushing it, but Laynee wanted to, so I had her run with our good friend The Troy, and together they killed it. Crossing the finish line together, only stopping once at mile 5 for a quick drink and Laynee's "gatorade bath", with a time of 50:01 and a first place in her division...we are all proud.
And on a side note - I recognized "Fish" from T Minus 5, and he was kind enough to let a humble nerdy fan get a picture with him.
Shana and I also enjoyed a wonderful Vocal Point concert with all of the seniors in the town. It was awesome.








As always, love getting caught up on the family activities. Back to reality now and winding down to summer break. Always good talking to you so give me a call whenever you can....and tell Laynee I love Facetime....
ReplyDelete