It's that time of year again. For Seth, there's a bit of a twist - it's time to start hitting off kid pitchers...and being a kid pitcher. Back in the day I was a pitcher and yes, there is a lot of pressure, but I think it's good for kids to learn how to face their fears and do hard things.
Seth did great. He has been practicing pitching with Coach McArthur and he has great technique and throws with good velocity, but coupled with his anxiety issues and his perfectionist attitude - he was in tears because he wasn't striking all the kids out. This was his first game he had ever pitched in, mind you. I just sat back and beamed with pride as I watched Seth throw like he'd been doing it for years, but chuckled as his tears flowed freely and watched him work his way through it. He said he didn't want to pitch ever again, but we were back at Aaron's practicing pitching the next day, at his request.
And Jack just has fun at whatever he's doing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tradition upheld once again - Priesthood Chinese. Sorry I didn't get George in, but he's there as well.
It's getting warm enough to be in Pine Valley - Hooray!
We all pitched in to help clear the ditch of the leaves so the water can flow down the ditch.
Three kids in a bucket
Laynee's been itchin' to learn how to drive anything. So Judd put her to work on the tractor.
Seth doesn't seem too worried.
Oh, and it was conference weekend - Cedar is getting a temple and I'm excited to take the kids through the open house.










Lots of lessons to be learned playing baseball....can't wait to see some games. I always think of Chinese food on Conference week-end....glad you're keeping that one going and Pine Valley is always a great place to be. Good times.
ReplyDelete