Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Boys of Summer Continued...

 This weekend found us once again at Hotel Young while attending another of Drew's soccer tournaments...the Sparta Cup.  Shana headed up on Thursday afternoon with the whole crew minus me.  I worked my Thursday and Friday and stay tuned to cell phone updates from Shana to see if Fire FC was going to make it out of pool-play into the semi-finals and warrant a trip up north for myself.
 With the help of a $100 voucher from Sky West, I flew up to the SLC on Friday evening after getting the go ahead from Shana.  The boys squeaked into the semi-finals which pitted them against their upstate rivals La Roca.  This was a hard fought game which ended in a 1-1 tie.  They played 10 minutes of scoreless overtime and then went into PK's.  This pic is of the teams lined up taking turns against the goal keepers.  We came out on top after 6 attempts each.  
 We stopped in a Kneaders for a light lunch...nothing too heavy, the finals were just a couple hours later.
 The boys played Surf (who had beat them 3-2 on Friday), but with one simple adjustment (Drew and Danny glued themselves to their ultra-speedy forward from Haiti and basically took him out of the game) we came out on top 1-0.
 Sparta Cup Champions!
 Strong work boys
 Good friends, good kids.
 The Hardware
-----------------------------------------------------------
 I took the kids to run an errand on Sunday at my work, and for fun, we explored the roof of my office. They thought it was awesome, but it was sure bright.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 A few weeks ago, I scratched off this Tuesday with intentions to see if I could get passes for the Subway... and for the 3rd time this summer - REJECTED.
 So instead of hiking the Left Fork of the North Creek, Drew and I hiked the Right Fork of the North Creek.
 We hiked hard all day, came home exhausted and had a great time together.
This was a little hitch hiker I picked up along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job Drew....wish I could have been there. Glad you got a hike in before school starts. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete