I went on a camp out with Drew's 11 year old scout troop up to Kolob Reservoir. There were 13 boys and 5 adults and a lot of beautiful mountain scenery.
Drew was part of the dinner-cooking-crew. The dinner menu consisted of Ramen noodles, strawberries, and carrots...and I think I even heard one of the boys say it was a "perfect dinner"?
This is part of the Polar Bear Club. Kolob res wasn't too cold, but they were definitely running for the campfire afterward.
This is what morning looks like at scout camp outs. Donuts for breakfast, fire for warmth, and no care for hygiene.
Sorry it's not a good picture, but this is Laynee on the starting line only seconds before the gun went off at her cross country meet at Hurricane on Saturday morning. I was so proud of my little freshman running varsity that I nearly cried. She killed it - she took 13th overall (against the entire region), 3rd place on her team, and PR'd by two minutes with a 6:40 min/mile pace.
Garden update
We raced up to Bountiful to help Lauri celebrate her 30th birthday. We had a great BBQ at Traci's house. Don't be distracted by Lauri - Molly is the hi-lite of this photo.
Three cheers for Lauri!
And then it was off to Ogden for A-capella-stock
It was year number 3 for me and Shana and we thought Laynee would enjoy it, so we brought her along. It was another amazing show - Nota completely stole the show. They were amazing. I would definitely pay to see them again.
Music and the Spoken Word...episode number 4, 387.
Part of Laynee's cross country running uniform...we really don't get it???
Break Out The Happy Dance! School Is Back In Session!
Drew- 6th grade at Sunrise Ridge Intermediate
Laynee - Freshman at Desert Hills Middle
Seth - 3rd grade Little Valley Elementary
Jack - 1st grade Little Valley Elementary
And now that Jack is in 1st grade and in school all day - Shana doesn't know what to do with her time. Time to get a job.










Great post....love the pics.
ReplyDelete