Let me introduce you to Albert Einstein. Drew had a project at school in which he had to report by memory about Einstein in front of all his classmates - even from other classes. Strong work Drew.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is Miller, Austin, and Jack just loving life at the baseball tourney this weekend. It was a beautiful weekend for baseball and it seemed as though the majority of the Wasatch front was in St. George to enjoy it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laynee is a few months out from turning 15 and getting her learner's permit, so with a little extra time on Sunday afternoon we headed down to the Arizona Strip to find a quiet dirt road and learn how to drive a stick-shift. This was lesson #1 and I have to admit, she did quite well. No tears, no cussing...its all good. In the Wells home, driving a manual is a requirement.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After one week of Monopoly, the tally is Shana 1 win and Seth 1 win. Seth loves to play Monopoly and Shana is the only one who can give him a good game (or is willing to play). She plays her hardest and there are generally some tears shed at some point in the match or off color language - I'll let you decide which is coming from Seth and which is coming from Shana.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, Presidents Day Weekend! I had a day off on Monday and I knew where I wanted to be - so we packed up a lunch and once again made it to one of my favorite places.
It wasn't crowded and the sun was warm enough on our backs and faces to take a nice little nap on the great lawn.
I love this place.
We had never stopped at the Court of the Patriarchs so we took this opportunity today to make it happen. I didn't realize it was a two minute hike to a lookout point.
Isaac Peak is on the left, Mount Moroni is the red-rock peak closest to us, and Jacob Peak is right behind it to the right. Abraham Peak is not pictured to the left.







No better way to spend a day....Zion is beautiful. So glad you are giving your kids the "Monopoly" experience. You had a deprived childhood when it came to board (bored) games and kudos to Drew. Einstein never looked better. See you soon.
ReplyDelete