This midwinter's evening offered us a beautiful sunset and Laynee and Jack helped savor it.
Drew had the opportunity to go on a little excursion to Disneyland and visit a few temples along the way with some friends from our ward. This is in front of the Las Vegas temple which, according to Drew, was the most impressive and is now his "favorite." Drew also visited the LA and Redlands temple and spent two days in Disneyland. It's good to have him back home.
Shana and I were out on date night with Troy and Cindy Davis and decided to visit a place that brings back a lot of memories from lazy afternoons in the past. It has been easily a decade and perhaps two since I last stepped foot in the Dixie Bowl. It sure feels like we had a lot of freedom when we were little kids, and maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems as though mom would send us out the door with a few dollars and a bicycle and nothing but bowling, pool, and pinball on the brain.
This is the bowling alley where mom taught me that "in bowling, we're not playing against each other, you're just trying to better yourself." I actually didn't find out til years later that bowling was a competitive sport. I always blew my extra money on Hubba Bubba, thought the urinals that went all the way to the floor were cool, and would play a game of pool on rare special occasions.
Prepare yourself for the intensity that The Troy has to offer.
There it is.




No comments:
Post a Comment