Sunday, June 22, 2014

We didn't see McGarrett...

 Post Disclaimer:  It's been a while and somewhat random order...from the modest amounts of blogstalking that I have committed, these are usually the words of a dying blog.
Without any great hulabaloo - Jack lost his first tooth (and unfortunately, Drew and Jaron were there to celebrate).
 Summer buzz-cut for Jack
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 For those of you who didn't know, Kyle swapped a semester of instruction at BYU-Hawaii (with some one who obviously got the short end of the stick), and before I could even make it home from work to debate that this may not be the best summer for extra vacations, Shana had booked our flight to visit the Kyle Wells family and take advantage of the amazing rates that they were charging...free-ninety nine (unless you count putting up with Watson and Pepper).  This was one of the first stops there after a long day at the beach.  We caught the night show at the PCC and I thought is was amazing.  I loved the fire portions of the show.
 On Sunday morning, Kyle and I were up and at it early and made it to the very first tour of the day at the USS Arizona memorial.  This was a great Sunday activity to be able to reverently remember those who sacrificed all for their country and people.

 After we toured where the war began, we paid to see where the war ended - USS Missouri battleship.  This is where Japan signed the unconditional surrender to the US ending WWII.
 Sunday was also Shana's birthday - I guess she was just planning ahead when she booked this trip.  She gave herself a trip to Hawaii for her birthday.  Matty quickly fell asleep after hours of swimming in the ocean.
 Happy 25th babe!
 On Sunday night we went to a beach where the turtles commonly come up on the beach.  While the sun went down we watched the turtles come up.

 Sunday was also a good time to hike through Waimea Valley to Waimea Falls.  
 Skipping around a bit, but after the PCC night show, Joellen wouldn't let Shana leave without getting a picture of ol Crazy Eyes...and we're not talking about Kyle.  
 Kayaking day #1 at Three tables.
 I had no interest in hiding my whiteness or becoming less white.  I lathered on the sunscreen so I could live to play another day. 
 Monday afternoon we hit Matsumoto's for some snow cone action.
 I liked the condensed milk on the top, but Shana said it just looked like somebody blew their nose on our snow cone.
 Sunsetting on Shana's Birthday
 Kualoa ranch with China Hat in the background.
 Finally, on Tuesday morning before coming back to the mainland, we went to the Laie Hawaii Temple.  It was awesome.  One of the brothers helping me out in the Temple asked where I was from, and when I said St. George, he told me how much he loved St. George and how beautiful it is.  Then he said, "Do you know what my very favorite part about St. George is?  That Chuck-a-Rama right over the freeway!" That definitely made me smile.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Out of order: While we were gone playing, Lauri was working...or you might say 'laboring.'  Louis James Stewart was born (just as the US was beating Ghana in the world cup).
 Back in Kahuku at the Kahuku Grill - I thoroughly enjoyed my Shemburger...get it!?  This was my favorite evening there, just having a nice night out with Shana, Kyle, and Joellen.
 Shana and I riding to the beach with the locals.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Summer Games with the Thunder - played well.  They've come a long way since the team formed one year ago and played in the summer games for their first tourney.
Me, Pepper, and Watson - Dad sends all dogs my way out of spite.  I can see the smile on his face because of the disgust in mine.  Love you Dad.

1 comment: