Surprise Surprise - summer began with a soccer tournament - State Cup. So while Shana and Drew were up north for the semifinals, I was in charge of the 'remainders.' To celebrate a school-year-well-done, I told them to get dressed up cuz we're going out to eat where ever you want...and of course, we went to B-Dubs.
Don't wake the beast. This was on our way to SLC to watch Drew in the State Cup finals. Don't worry, he didn't sleep for long.
Once we were there, we stayed at the Hotel Young once again. This is Cayson Young - Great Great Great Great Grandson of Brigham Young. Oh, and he's saying 'CHEESE!'
The finals were once again against La Roca. It was an intense game and as a defender, Drew worked his tail off the entire game which included 20 minutes of overtime. The ball was unfortunately in Drew's half of the field for the majority of the game and they held them to one goal for regulation and Drew also scored the equalizing goal to keep them in the game. The overtime play went in favor of La Roca 2 to 1, which meant once again we were 2nd place and they were first. This is the mom's proud hug for her son who kept his team in the game and never took a break...never. He played the entire game of every game in the tournament.
Personally, I was beaming with pride. Sure, I would've loved to see the boys pull off the victory but I also appreciate the value of the lessons learned from losing. It makes the boys want to be better and work harder...(oh boy, Spencers gonna wax philosophical) and I know that Drew is not going to play soccer for the rest of his life, so if I'm gonna support Drew and his team, I want him to learn life lessons. He's gonna fail and meet disappointments in life and hopefully this will help him face them and move on, set goals and work for them, build friendships and work ethic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Family Dinner on Memorial Day 2014!
This past weekend we actually didn't have anything to do, so when Janice and Judd said they needed help planting the garden, we were all over it. After the work was done, I went straight to the snake hunt - successful once again.
Lunch on the back porch with cousins Landree and Laynee. It was such a nice day.
And to top it off, Judd had the water that afternoon. Laynee is helping out by watering the dry spot.







Good to hear what's happening....good times, good fun and good life lessons. Aw, Pine Valley....when will I ever get there!!!!
ReplyDelete