Sunday, March 22, 2015

Back By Popular Demand

 I have about a half-dozen faithful followers who keep tabs on the Wells family via this blog, and I've been taking a little heat from about three of them...so I thought I'd give a little summary of the first 10 weeks of 2015.  For the record, we made it to Pinevalley and played in the snow.
 I likely have Seasonal Affective Disorder and have always wanted to make it a regular occurrence to find a sunny warm place for just a week or so in January or February to escape the winter blues.  A friend offered us some sky-miles, so we jumped on it.
 We felt like we were living pretty large because the sky miles they booked for us included a few legs of first class flights...that was a first for us.  The above pic is in the first class lounge in LA on our layover to Kauai.
 Found a swimming hole (tubing excursion)
 Biked Kapa'a
 Ziplined

 Hula Pie'd...twice
 Watched whales both on land and sea (we were on land and sea - the whales stayed at sea)   
 Back on the home front, Seth wrapped up his basketball season (and quite possibly career)
 and picked up with baseball...
 and hockey.
 I participated in the neighborhood triathlon (Black Hole Tri)
 We celebrated Seth's birthday at Village Inn for breakfast.
 Hung out with the Mcarthur's in the hot tub
 The kids were not happy that Shana and I went to Kauai without them...not happy that we go anywhere without them, but it keeps us sane...and were threatening mutiny if we didn't have a little family fun over Spring Break.  So we headed down to Knott's Berry Farm and SeaWorld for a few days of fun.  The crowds were minimal and the kids rode the coasters til their hearts were content (or their faces were green).
 Pardon the interruption, The Troy, Laynee, and I ran the (cup less) Dogtown Half Marathon
 Meanwhile, back at the Farm...
 Jack's Lunch
 Good times
 We didn't feel like asking anyone to take a pic for us, so we took turns.

 Mission beach in San Diego - just like I remember it...overcast and only the desert rats who never see the ocean willing to come out and play on a 60 degree day.
 I remember coming in from these same cold waters as a boy and my Dad standing on the beach snapping photos of me...here we are full circle.

 Back home - the kids had extra chores this Saturday and were rewarded (bribed) with a trip to Yogurtland.
And finally, a lot of baseball, some soccer, and now track.  In between it all, I work, Shana runs the home, the kids go to school, there's challenges to be faced, fires to be put out, lives to live.  We have a good time and try to find balance...the balance part can be a challenge, but we try.   Overall I think we're happy and grateful.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update looks like ya'll are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete