Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas

 One thing about the Wells' - we don't deviate much when it comes to tradition.  This is obviously Christmas Eve.
 Jeremy's a good sport to come along.
 The Sethmeister atop his kingdom.
 The Narrows weren't looking so narrow with these little tykes.  I took my one token squeeze through.
 Jack was showing me how to climb down this hole, because he has it all figured out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 Fast-forward to Christmas morning.  Jack is showing off his sheath knife.  This was a hand-made gift from a patient of mine especially made for Jack.  Jack loves showing it off to any visitors at the house.  This will be a bit long, but I want to include the letter that he included with this knife: 
"This should be a good first knife for a young lad, and it has the best materials for everyday use.
The blade I made from CPM 154, what I believe to be the best stainless steel blade material out there, and the same the USA's nuclear submarines are made from.  I sent it to Paul Bos at Buck Knives for his cryogenic heat treatment and double temper to a 60 Rockwell - well beyond what normal blades are.  The handles are Canadian Birdseye Maple that I've vacuum stabilized with a polymer to make them more durable.  The sheath I made from vegetable tanned cowhide and kangaroo skin with a sewn-in welt to protect the stitching from being cut during use.
I left it sharp so be very careful until he gets comfortable with it.  I'm a firm believer that getting cut with a sharp blade is less likely and it heals better than a cut from a dull one.
I hope you both enjoy this little cutter.
My Best, L.D.
 I also married into a family that doesn't deviate from tradition...breakfast at Nikki's on Christmas morning.
 Five minutes after we got home from breakfast, an intense street hockey game ensued...and a photobomb by Wes Davis.
 And that night - homemade Cafe Rio at our place. 
 And a nightcap of Christmas games...get it? A night CAP!
Hats off to Kason.

1 comment: