O.K. not really, but after this massive project that Laynee has had to do I think we might know more about Idaho than the people who really live there! For a 4th grader, this was a gi-normus project. Just to rattle off a few of the things this project entailed:
- A report (of course)
- map of state
- mobile of natural attractions
- self designed t-shirt
- diorama of indian tribe
- state flag (hand drawn)
- state bird (hand drawn)
- tall tale
- poem
- brochure
- license plate
She also had to take into her class a food from Idaho, we chose potato chips naturally, and she had to wear a costume of something that represented her state. She is a sack of Idaho potatoes. She gets to present her project to her class today. I'm glad we had 2 months to prepare this monster, and I'm glad its now over!


She's definitely the cutest sack of potatoes I've ever seen. You should make sure Spencer picks her up like a 'sack of potatoes' just for fun. Don't you love how they give kids projects and they end up being projects for you...? Not that I know what it's like being on your end of it, but I always saw my Mom go through it.
ReplyDeleteAh she makes me so proud when I saw the title I thought are they coming my way but no such luck
ReplyDeleteWay to go, Laynee. Wish I could have been there to see the presentation. I'm sure it was absolutely awesomely amazing as you are. I love you. See you on Sunday.....
ReplyDeletehi
ReplyDeleteWhat a great kid you are. You made a absloutly beautiful sack of potataoes, straight out of Idaho. I am so glad I got to see your project, most of it anyway, when I was there. You and your mom are AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love it! Totally reminds me of so many projects i had to do in school. How did she get stuck with Idaho? was it drawn out of a basket or did you have to do a report on the state where your father was born? (wasn't spencer born in idaho?)
ReplyDeletei dread projects.
ReplyDeleteI guess I'm the last to know you have a blog! I just happen to see yours on Judy's. Very cool, I'm gonna start snooping now! lol
ReplyDeletei am the coolest
ReplyDelete