Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Jack...

Jack is, and forever will be, my baby. I can't believe he is all ready 2! It really seems like just yesterday that I was in the hospital having him. He truly plays the baby part super well! He is as whiny as they come, he has no desire to potty train, (Laynee, Drew, and Seth were in undies by now) he loves sleeping in his crib, and won't give up the binky. Normally this would drive me crazy, but seeing that he IS the baby...I'm not caring so much. On the plus side of things, he chatters like crazy. Most of the time you can understand what he is saying as well. In fact, I think he might talk better than Seth. (just kidding, but Seth has really only been talking for about 9 months now.) His favorite song is "We Will Rock You" He goes around the house singing, "we will, we will ROCK YOU!" He is an excellent climber. He is in our cupboards getting food practically every minute of the day. He loves to get his own drink from the sink as well. He pulls the stool over and helps himself quite regularly, it doesn't even matter if the cup is clean or dirty. He also loves to wash his hands and play in the soap. His newest conquest is climbing up our chain link fence and yes, he can get to the top and thinks he can swing his leg over to the other side...did I say on the plus side of things??? At least he is making himself independent. We try to make the cup half full here in the Wells home as often as possible. Lately, Jack has been really into watching the movie "The Incredibles." After watching it myself, I've decided that he REALLY deserves his nickname Jack Jack! They both act exactly the same way.
Since our trip to Disneyworld, Jack has been in love with Mickey Mouse and the gang. We don't have the Disney Channel, so for his birthday he got a Mickey's Clubhouse DVD.

I decided that maybe if we start young, someone in our family will be good at working with their hands, and power tools. Its not the strong point of Jack's parents. He seems to like it thus far.
Happy Birthday to my baby boy. We love you Jack Jack!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jack Jack What a cute little man you are. I wish I could have been there to watch you open presents and do all the stuff you do on a birthday. I hope you got my present and spend it wisely. Did you hear me sing happy birthday to you on the phone? A bit two year old how time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about David. Let the baby be the baby. As soon as he's grown there will be no more binkies, diapers, or innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a funny kid. fred gets onto our counters and into our cupboards too.
    i put your blog in bloglines but it hasn't been getting updates. so i'm behind.
    (there is a really touching highschool musical song playing. beautiful)

    ReplyDelete