Saturday, January 21, 2012

Much Needed Rain. Bad Timing.

Announcing the next child in line for me to hound relentlessly to practice their piano pieces so they don't live with the same regret that I do for giving up on piano - Seth Gardner Wells! The kid likes it now, but then there's weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth in the months and years to come. Nevertheless - No Piano? No Sports! It's standard policy.


Laynee and I headed out for a morning of hiking. Drew couldn't make it because of his three basketball games. So we headed out to find the West Rim trailhead. We weren't going to hike it all, but just scout it out and see how it is. We made it just past the endpoint of the Subway trail when the rain started turning into slush into snow. I don't do bad weather driving - let alone on steep incline roads with "die-cliffs" on the side.


So we turned around and we hiked the last (or the first, depending where you start) mile of the Subway hike, so I could show Laynee the canyon that leads up to the Subway. We're planning to hike it this summer.


Cold, wet, and muddy, but a good time. We'll have to catch up with the West Rim another time. For now, we'll just be thankful for the precipitation - it's much needed.


And after three basketball games, it was Papa John,s Pizza to the rescue. "Better Ingredients. Better Pizza. Papa John's."

No comments:

Post a Comment