A few of the adventurous hikers took off for the top of the mountain, including Shana, and Drew. While they "collected clay," we doodled on the rocks down below. We were all covered in dirt by the time the hike was done (especially Jack), but it was a great little getaway, and further evidence of the beauty of southern Utah.
That night, we headed over to Kyle's house for games and food.
The adults joined in on the McArthur tradition of ringing in the new year at 9pm with the folks at Temple View RV. They do it right with Bingo, a live band, and dancing...plus, they're in bed by 9:30! I'm an awful dancer, but even I hit the floor during the slow songs to show them all how to do the bear hug.
Bingo was intense. I almost landed a gift certificate to the Cracker Barrel - only redeemable before 4:30pm.
We finally capped off the night with a game of seeing how many marshmallows the kids could stuff in their mouths and still say "fifteen puffy poo's, sixteen puffy poo's." Good for a laugh and another sugar rush.
I don't have any problems with 2011, but I'm always excited about the prospects of a new year. Hooray for 2012!
So instead of hanging out with us you were saying "15 puffy poos"?
ReplyDeleteSorry - I wanted to come hang, but the kids would have not been happy.
ReplyDelete