Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week in Review

Sam and Erika moved in on Monday, January 2nd and fortunately I had a day off to help out. In fact everyone helped out. James brought the pizza and we made a couple of trips with the truck and Uhaul trailer. It's easy to move young couples. Call the Elder's Quorum when you've got a few kids and have accumulated another 5 to 10 years of crap.


Even Nick and Janci made it down from Cedar City.


Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of the Pinewood Derby. I'm not an engineer, I never liked model cars, I took the minimal amount of shop class in middle school, and I (my mom) earned my eagle scout by the age of 13 - and I was done with scouts. So I try to keep Drew's expectations low and hope there's good refreshments. With the help of Kyle, my brother who is an engineer and did like model cars as a kid and took shop and cabinet making in high school and surely earned more of his eagle than I did, we made a respectable showing of 9th overall (out of 20+ cars).


I tried to catch Drew in the act of biting his fingernails...actually, his fingernails are pretty much gone. He just chews on his fingers now.


We didn't make it on any fun treks this weekend, but enjoyed watching Drew in a couple of basketball games. Lest you think that he's the only member of the family, laynee and I are back into jogging (a bit), and the boys are signed up for baseball for the spring.

My next hike that I'm really looking into is the West Rim of Zion -top to bottom, but it might have to wait a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment