So when James asked us if we wanted tickets to a Magic Show - we said sure. Jack was excited enough to invite his buddy before asking us if we had an extra ticket for him...fortunately we did. So we had a good time at Mark Evan's Magic Show in support of the local fire department. I don't think our kids will be asking to return next year though...just a hunch.
The Sunday afternoon ritual. The kids watch the clock closely and are hounding us to go the M&M Grandma's as soon as we can so they can have cake and ice cream and play with their cousins. I wasn't much different, except when I was a kid, if I wanted to go to my Grandma Sullivan's house, I'd tell my Mom that I was going and then either walk or ride my bike there.
Not too much has changed. I do remember the early days when Grandma would actually cook a waffle dinner for all who came on Sunday night, but as the number of grandkids grew, it turned into a cake and ice cream evening, and that's how it's been ever since.
The kids sit down to their dessert and watch her Loony Toons DVD in the kitchen and then are out with their cousins for Andy-Aye-Over, Tag, Scary-Dad, 5 Rocks, or whatever game they finally agree upon.
We are a happy (dorky) family.
Dorky is good....
ReplyDelete