Kyle put this trip together at the request of George. We left on Saturday afternoon for some night-skiing at Brian Head. This is Drew just plain stoked to be able to go skiing for the first time in his life.
George, Josh Beckstrand, and Drew tore up the mountain for as many hours as the old men would tolerate, and by "old men" I mean me. Even Kyle was on the slopes for most of the night. Not me. I learned something about myself and about my Dad and maybe Dads in general. I learned that I'm a Dad - and with that comes responsibility. I realized after my third run down the hill when I biffed it for the first time, "I could really get hurt doing this, and if I get hurt, I can't work. No work, no support my family - and I love my family."
I spent the rest of the night in the lodge. Fell asleep on my arm and couldn't move it for 5 minutes when I finally came to. Oh, and it was freezing cold - but it did NOT slow down these boys. Enjoy it boys, some day you'll be a dad.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mason and I had been talking for a few months about golfing at Red Hills golf course. We were not raised as golfers. Dad didn't golf, but in the dead of summer, Red Hills offered a special where kids under the age of 16 could golf for $1. I'm sure they intended for fathers to bring their children golfing; however, I doubt that they intended for parents to drop their punk teenager kids off for summer afternoons in shorts and flip-flops and a couple clubs for a round of golf. We spent more time looking through the bushes for other peoples' lost golf balls than actually golfing. We always went home with pockets full of golf balls.
So I set aside Friday afternoon on January 10th, ordered some beautiful 60 degree weather, scheduled a tee-time, and got the brothers together. Kyle brought the wings from B-dubs.
There was still some business being conducted, but we had a ball.
There's a lot of baseball in that golf swing - which I'm okay with.
Happy birthday to me.





Yes, Happy Birthday to you....looks like you had a good one.
ReplyDelete