Saturday, September 6, 2014

Ketchup

 Drivers Beware!  Laynee put in the study and with a bit of good fortune including some hi-yield last minute cramming, she passed her permit test on the first time.  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 I'll take credit for this one - it was my brainchild.  Every other Saturday, Judd gets the water for his lot up in Pine Valley and the perfect amount for skim boarding.
 They all took part and had a great time.  They've done it since then as well.
 Seth gets style points.
 Drew takes it the distance and is working on his 360's.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Jack and Seth - ready to tackle another year at Little Valley elementary.  I guess we didn't get any pics of Laynee and Drew.  Jack is in 2nd grade, Seth is in 4th grade,  Drew 7th, and Laynee is a sophomore at Desert Hills High.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Back in May, I was sitting at my desk at work and decided to apply for the lottery to hike the Subway in ZNP.  On June 5th, when I got to work in the morning, I opened my email to the glorious words, "Congratulations, you have been selected..."  I immediately announced, "Scratch Monday August 25th - I won't be at work."  We had a good safe time.  I will say, it was one of the more chilly hikes through the Subway - the sun was trying to shine on us but the clouds seemed to mosey between us more often than not while we were in the canyon.
 11 grown men in a mini van?  Yes we can.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Could be the Subway, but it's not - we took the fam up to Kanaraville falls for Labor Day.  First timers and we had a great time.
 We started early and our feet were cold, but we avoided the crowds on the way up, but we were in rush hour on the way back out.  A LOT of other people had similar Labor Day plans.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laynee has had a few XC races, but we were present for this one - SUU invite.  It was intense from the start with a Panguitch girl leading out with an aggressive and perhaps unrealistic pace.  She held the lead for the first two miles.  Laynee raced smart - kept her in sight, but waited for her to slow rather than speeding up to get her.  Laynee and a girl from Snow Canyon passed her with about a half mile to go and from there it was a back and forth race between the two which came down to a sprint to the finish with Laynee ahead by one second.  Even more exciting than the win was the fact that Laynee's time was faster than last year's state champion on that particular course.  This is a picture of Laynee being interviewed for the newspaper.

1 comment:

  1. I need a link to the article of the interview with Laynee. I can't get my e version of the spectrum anymore. Anyway, if you have a link, maybe I can open it. Thanks. Great post. Looks like a fun family day....glad you get to have those. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete