Sunday, December 21, 2014

Festive Occasions

 These are the kids of Portofino Circle - all 22 of them!  The Mortenson's organized our first annual progressive nativity.  We went from one house to the next learning about different parts of our Savior's birth and the surrounding events.  
 We ended up in the Hendrix back yard for a nice evening of hot cocoa and donuts around the fire pit. I smell a long-standing tradition in the making.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Speaking of traditions - JoEllen gets credit for this one.  The annual gingerbread house decorating contest.  It's getting much more intense nowadays...at least at the older kids table.
 The younger kids are just happy with the sugar buzz (Jack is so tolerant of even moderate doses of sugar that he looks forward to these events...it's like an open bar).
 He's gone, man - pure gone.
 I'm trying to stop rewarding Drew's faces - so I made his picture small.
 The collaborative effort by Laynee and Emily was one of this year's hi-lites.  
Gingerbread Beach house
This is Seth's - I feel bad I didn't get him with it.  He won best overall for the under 10 age group.  Good job Seth!
The overall winner went to JoEllen this year.  It was clean and proportionate - colorful but not tacky.  Cozy and tasteful and well deserved.  Strong work JoEllen!  You're the BEST!
 (A hint of flattery? Perhaps, but for good reason.  We all want to keep this tradition rolling.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Spence.I'm glad someone is blogging these fine events. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete