So Boxing Day is traditionally a British Holiday following Christmas where the wealthy gave a box of gifts to their servants. I happened to have this one more day off work, and Heaven forbid a weekend go by without going hiking. Drew was willing to get up early and head up to ZNP once again. Our plan was Hidden Canyon with an optional Emerald Pool. Kyle texted me about when I hit Springdale, so we made plans to meet at the lodge at noon. It's such good quality time with my kids to get out and do these hikes. I've really come to enjoy these outings. When Seth and Jack can hold their own better, they'll be invited as well.


We came across a sweet ice-fall early in the hike. Ice is always fascinating...unless it's on a slanted trail that leads to a "die-cliff"


More fascinating ice.

Drew and I were quite hungry by the time lunch rolled around, so we headed to the Red Rock Grill at Zion Lodge. Drew put down a third-pounder with cheese and bacon. I enjoyed some butter-nut squash soup and turkey sandwich. We met up with Kyle's fam and hiked to the lower Emerald pools afterward. Beautiful weather and scenery.
No comments:
Post a Comment