Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Penny Saved Is A Penny Earned

We earned a lot of pennies this Spring Break. We really would have liked to hit Disneyland with the rest of So. Utah, but it'll just have to wait. We toyed around with a tour of some of the National Parks in Utah, but ultimately decided to have fun closer to home this year...so we headed up to Pine Valley for a small respite from the crowds of St. George. Yes, there was still a bit of snow on the ground, but the temperatures weren't bad at all.

Drew was kind enough to educate his younger brother in the finer points shooting a BB gun.


We stoked up the fire pit and had a great time lighting things on fire.


The smores were first class.


Jack educated us in the art of Yellow Snow


I don't usually sleep very well in Pine Valley, so when the sun finally started to peek over the mountains, I couldn't wait to get out of bed. I was up before the boys, but when they did get up - breakfast is priority.


The hi-lite of the trip was target shooting. The kids loved it! Nobody got shot and everyone came away smiling wanting to shoot more. There's a great little cinder pit right outside of Pine Valley perfect for shooting.


Jack more or less filled the hill behind the targets with lead, and loved it.


Drew knows how to knock'm down...or blow them up. We had collected old bottles that we found on the side of the road specifically for this trip.


I was very impressed with Laynee's markmanship. She dropped multiple targets from a standing position without a dead-rest. She says she want's a gun for her birthday - seriously.


I really enjoyed watching the Sunshine Tourney opener between Dixie and Box Elder. My boys even came and watched. There's a lot of learning to take place before little boys can play baseball. I think they've learned all they can from The Sandlot...it's time to play.


Finally, this is the "tree-shaker" that Drew hauled in over the weekend. It was at the bottom of the pool.


They've wanted to catch a lizard ever since moving here and this is probably the only way they'll get close enough to catch one.



The whole weekend was punctuated with the air show which included the Blue Angels which were practicing right over our house from Wednesday through Saturday. So the kids swam and waved to the pilots as they banked only a few hundred feet above our house.

Good week, and like I said, we earned a few pennies. You don't have to go far to have a good time around here.

1 comment: