Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cakes, Snakes, and Automobiles (or bikes)

 If you look back in my childhood scrapbooks, you'll find at about the same age as Drew, I began having Mom make me birthday cheese cakes instead of birthday cakes.  So here's big number 11. He loves soccer (can anyone name the team of the jersey he's wearing?) and is a good little piano player.  In fact, this pic below is our Daddy-Daughter-Drew-Date to Menchies because they both learned how to play a tough hymn on the piano in a couple weeks. Happy Birthday Drew!
 What's missing in this photo?  The Jack-Jack is now a two-wheelin' fool.  He decided it was time to join the neighborhood bicycling crew, so we dumped the training wheels, within just a couple of sessions of Dad running along side, he was soon certified and solo.
 We also had visitors in town.  The Storms came to visit for a few days.  They didn't bring their kids, but we had a good time in Pine Valley with some really good food.  Zane helped me out with the dutch oven potatoes for my work party. They were delicious.
 The work party went off without a hitch.  The home-made root beer was delicious.  The boys are playing with a little extra dry ice here.  The pulled pork was awesome - credit goes to Kyle, he helped me with that.  
 We were even successful in the snake hunt.  The kids are looking along the ditches for more.

 The Desert Pain Specialists relaxing and enjoying good food and good company.
 See ya'll next year!


2 comments:

  1. Looks fun. Cheese cake is what Max chose for his birthday this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I wasn't there this year...maybe next. I'll plan my trip around it. The neighbors were impressed with all the fancy cars parked at the cabin that evening....Glad Zane and Judy could visit. I need to hear more about it all... Drew told me he was going to have a cheesecake. I always liked making that more than I liked birthday cakes so go Drewby.....

    ReplyDelete