Drew is quickly growing up on us. He has a birthday around the corner and somehow the fact that he is moving on to boy scouts slipped our minds throughout this past summer.
With a little heads-up from a good scout leader, we squeaked out the last few requirements for his Arrow of Light.
I actually do remember getting my Arrow of Light and it really did seem to be a big deal to me. Our ceremony didn't involve painting my parents faces, but we did get a golden arrow to hang up in our bedroom and just like Drew, we walked over a bridge and shook our new scoutmaster's left hand as he welcomed us into the troop (486 FOREVER!)
Go ahead and scratch off Saturdays for the next 2 months cause there's soccer games all day. Who needs to go to Pine Valley or hiking in Zion or hang out at the lake anyway.
I'd rather watch these kids do their thing...I guess.
The dynamic duo - Seth and Matt
Even though the day was half chewed up by soccer, we still made it a priority to help with the continued harvest in Pine Valley. It's good for the kids learn how to work (or at least see what it looks like). On tap for the day was a continuation of green beans...
and the beginning of the corn harvest. The kids were easily scared-off and grossed out by the worms which were in the tops of nearly every ear of corn. Not sure why the worms have been so prevalent this year, but the corn is still delicious.
It's just a nice place to be.
It's been 4 weeks since Laynee's broken leg, and she's just now getting around without crutches. She has become very skilled with the crutches, but with the boot, she can walk around pretty well.
Grandma Janice has been doing well at teaching Laynee and Shana the trade of bottling the harvest...not that she's going anywhere any time soon, but it's a great skill to be passed down.
I love work...I could watch it for hours. Just sad I couldn't come watch you all work this past week-end but I did enjoy the soccer games I got to see. Yes, the kids are all certainly growing up....so good to see them doing good things and finding good friends. Love your blog. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete