Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

 One of these days I'm going to get me one of those nice phones that has a respectable camera built into it so I won't have to always remember to bring my camera along.  I've always been years (decades) behind the technology curve and generally resist trying to keep up with the Technological Jones's - but I would really like to have a nice camera with me without having to think about it.
 My first cell phone was a gift from my Mom to me while I was living in Kentucky circa 2006 or 2007. Of course it was a flip phone and it was only a couple years later when my daughter who was in 4th grade at the time told me how embarrassed she was about my phone.  Apparently, even the kids in her class had cooler phones than me.
 So, a year or two later when it was time to "upgrade" - I did.  To this day, I still wish I still had my little old flip phone.  I'd be happy if the phone I upgraded to was stolen, lost, or otherwise rendered useless.
 I've heard of the iphone.  Apparently it has a rad camera.  I'm looking into it, doing my research, Consumer's Report, etc.  I've seen a few people with an iphone.  Mostly I'm just making sure it's not a fad like Beta or the really big disk movies that our neighbors used to have.
If I would've had a good camera in my phone this weekend, I could've shown you another fabulous garden update (we picked and snapped a whole lotta green beans), had a good time with family in Pine Valley, did a little run with the brothers, and even hit Aladdin out at Tuacahn - but I really don't have any proof of any of that.  We did hit the Bloomington Country Club pool thanks to Mason and Mandy. Happy Labor Day Weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time was had by all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW....I love your family pictures. I'd like one of the family and the one with just the kids. 5x7's....

    ReplyDelete