Sunday, September 30, 2012

Welcome to Manhood

 Seth is 7 years old - in fact, he is closer to 8 than 7 and this is his maiden-voyage on the "losing a tooth" ship.  He's in 2nd grade and I'm sure it didn't sit well when he heard that one of his cousins who is in kindergarten lost a tooth recently.  So when he checked his teeth to see if any were loose, he happily reported that there's 2 that are wiggly. (never mind the obvious tears in his eyes which stem from his dad relentlessly trying for days and finally succeeding in pulling that tooth out - I missed my calling in life)
 With mom out of town with some friends, I took the kids up to Pine Valley for a little R&R.  The garden update is that it's coming down.  The cows love to eat the old corn stocks.   We'll harvest the rest of the potatoes next week, the onions are out of the ground and drying and the winter squash is waiting still to be picked.

 Seth specifically asked me to take a picture of him holding the water snake they caught, so here he is.  If you hadn't noticed, Jack got a haircut.  The day that Shana had buzzed it, I had come home for lunch and was sitting next to Jack and, while looking at Jack, she said,"It looks like I missed a few hairs."  Jack's reply was, "I don't care, I still look cool."
We made it to church up in Pine Valley and the kids even got to ring the bell to let everyone know that it was time to come to church.

1 comment: