That was my favorite motivational poster on the marathon route this year. Please forgive my self indulgence - I ran the marathon for the first time and although I'm very glad that I did it, I don't have any plans on doing it again. It was one of those goals that I needed to check off to say that I've done it.
Check.
There's a gathering in Pine Valley the night before. We stopped in Central so we could get a picture of all the Port-a-potties and then I tried to relax in Pine Valley but was admittedly very nervous for the next day. Being Kyle's 11th marathon, he had a hard time relating to my anxiety.
These people do this year after year and I'm even more impressed now that I've done it.
This is the waiting point for the families and the point at which I've watched people for years accomplishing their goal of running the race. I was definitely to the point of walking more than running. I wished I could've sprinted past everyone because I was so focussed and killing it, but I was and am very content with the finish.
The Three Amigos. Kyle and Mason both beat me, but I appreciate training with them and running with them as much as I did during the race.
I put my legs up at my Grandmas house that afternoon while Shana raced the kids around to their soccer games. Thank goodness for frozen vegetables.
Priesthood Chinese! We've introduced the 3rd generation to a great tradition.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Burgess family gathering in Pine Valley the next day.
The garden update - the potatoes got dug.
Finally, enjoying conference via radio out back. It was a beautiful day even if I couldn't walk.







Great job....I hope you are somewhat recovered today. Call and give me an update.
ReplyDelete