Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

 On Monday, Drew's soccer team had a party to prepare the kids for the upcoming soccer tourney in Orem - State Cup!
 I've said it before - it's a good group of kids.
--------------------------------------------------
 This is the T-ball team which I help coach.  They're all lined up ready to run to their position as soon I say "GO."  It's been a really fun season.  The other teams are impressed that our kids even know what 'positions' are, let alone how to go to them and play ball.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 It's that time of year again - time to commemorate the restoration of the priesthood (formerly known as 'Fathers and Sons Outing)
 A truly successful Fathers and Sons outing will have equal parts water and fire...and kids getting into both.
 We even had a corn hole game going - and I remain undefeated.
 This year we were unable to get the Veyo pool campground (bummer), however, the Walters family was gracious enough to let us use their property out by the Jacob Hamlin home.  It was a beautiful evening and location.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Back to soccer...the boys played great.  We made it an up-and-back with just me and Drew, which ends up being quite a trip, but we had a good time.  First game in pool-play: Fire FC 4 - Blue Knights 2
 ...and to celebrate - Wings!

Way to go boys - give us cause to celebrate next week!
-----------------------------------------------------------
 Miscellaneous: Drew anchored his recital
 ...we attended Laynee's honors banquet and I don't even know what to say about my Jack-Jack.
And by the way - Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Great post as usual. Keeps me up to date. And I can see what you mean...I'm not sure what to think about Jack Jack....love it. Congrats to all the kids on the good things they are doing. Can't wait to see them all again soon.

    ReplyDelete