To properly prepare for an Iron Man competition, one must employ the finest nutritional tactics. We celebrated the publishing of the Andelin's Gable House by pitching in for a fun evening of classics that we've all missed since the Gable House closed its doors.
The Monte Cristo and Creamy Tomato Soup...
...with a Pot de Creme chaser. That was a good evening. After my mission, Dad would occasionally meet me for lunch at the Gable House and we would talk about life, school, and how my dating Shana was going. I had no job, virtually no schooling under my belt and all sorts of doubts about my future, but over a Dicken's Rib, I still remember Dad looking at me and saying, "I have confidence in you because you have goals." Dad always had more confidence in me than I did. I miss Andelin's even more for the memories than the food - but both were divine.
-------------------------------------------------------------
We'll take a quick break in this Iron Feature to bring you some epic kite flying.
What made it epic you ask?
When Jack was at the command, he tripped over me (trying to take a picture of him...totally my fault) and let go of the kite. It started flying across the street where Drew was playing ball with Seth. We both were yelling at Drew to catch the string. He turned around just in time to catch the string and continue to fly the kite...that was incredible.
---------------------------------------------------------
I wanted to see the transition area and take in the magnitude of this event - awesome.
Kyle didn't drown, didn't crash, did run.
This was Kyle coming out of the transition - in great spirits and doing well.
Mason was in top form.
"So first, I swam. Then I went on a bike ride and after, that I ran."
The only one willing to give Kyle a hug. I think Jo was supporting his weight at this point. It was fun to watch him at the different stages. Team Kyle killed it! Way to go Kyle.









I laughed, I cried, and now I'm starving. I wish we would've been there for the Gable House Party.
ReplyDeleteThanks again. Always love your posts. Makes me feel like I was there with you. Keep up the blogging. Us "out-of-towners" need it. My favorite was always the Pot-de-creme.
ReplyDeleteOooooooohhhhh........monte Christo! Just got my cook book and I'm pretty sure any one of those recipes is going to KILL my diet plan but I can't wait to try.
ReplyDeleteTeam Kyle did the job. I'm so proud of my iron manning, marathoning, family!