Sunday, October 6, 2013

Conference and Marathon Weekend

 October in St. George is a great time.  We all look forward to General Conference and gathering as a family to support our marathon runners.  It's as magical as driving down River Road and seeing this sign - woot woot!
 I'm sorry that I didn't get a picture of Kyle.  He's our veteran marathon runner - I believe this is his 12th  running of the St. George Marathon.  Check Mom's and JoEllen's blog for pics - but I can report that he is consistent. Last year his time was 4hrs 11 sec, and this year 4 hrs and 52 sec.
 Kyle is our veteran runner, but Mandy is our fastest runner - 3 hrs and 9 min...what!  Laynee gladly paced her last 3.5 miles.  Speaking of Laynee, she had a cross country meet the day before in Cedar and finished ninth overall, 2nd on her team with a time of 18 min 50 sec (6:16 min/mile).  Just 6 weeks earlier, her time on the same course was 22:13...strong work Laynee!
 This is The Troy - obviously delirious at this point of the race.
 This is Danny Harris and Mason.  Danny's first marathon and Mason's 3rd - both finished strong with sub 4 hour times.  It'll be a week before Danny walks normal again.
And finally, the hi-lite of the week, Drew's first priesthood chinese.  I've told him of the first time my father asked me if I was coming to priesthood session with him, and I declined.  I felt awful guilt and promised I'd never do that again.  Drew has been excited to join his uncles and George for this semiannual tradition.  Even though we could for the first time watch it broadcast at home on TV, we still choose to return to our stake center of youth (St. Georg East Stake across the street from the Temple) to watch the broadcast.

1 comment:

  1. It was a fun week-end and you have documented it well. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete